Wednesday, October 19, 2011

To Facebook or Not to Facebook

With so many teens, and adults, always anticipating what is coming next or what is the "new" model, it's a wonder how we manage to keep up with it all! I myself was a little gluttonous at one point in my life, but when i made the switch from Myspace to Facebook i was never wanting to change. I found myself having the same want of security and privacy.

You can find both benefits and not so many fortunate things involved with Facebook. Little did I know, slowly and deceitfully my privacy was being taken from me. My information, I though was being kept private was slowly being leaked to the public. Reading an article on Facebook, made me realize the real issues going on with Facebook and those who are head of it. CEO of Facebook knew the problems with privacy and he was told to quiet up and ultimately left the company. These people are looking to make money and invading children's privacy is something they are willing to take advantage of.

Facebook is very beneficial and convenient to reunite old friends, stay in contact with long distant friends. You are able to see your friends and event going on at your finger tips. You stay in contact whether you talk to your friend constantly or not.

Facebook has good and bad things going for it. I don't think people should boycott it because there are certain things on Facebook that are enjoyable, but I feel you should be careful. Be careful what you put, click on, and say on Facebook, or any website.

No comments:

Post a Comment